Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design (CUA60320)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer
Students may be eligible to obtain credits for individual modules as a result of experience gained in employment in the relevant business fields or from previous training or education. A fee is payable for assessing your RPL status. Students may also be eligible for credit transfer for relevant units studied at an Australian Registered Training Organisation.
Please see College Policies for the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer Policy.
Work placement is a mandatory component of some APC courses and qualifications including the Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design. The work placement provides a framework that enables students to gain relevant working experience while developing specialised knowledge and practical skills in organisational learning and capability development.
The Work Placement takes place in the final term of study. It requires between 120-135hrs of work placement, attendance at studio class and the completion of assessment work. Specific subject requirements are outlined in the individual course documents.
It is the students responsibility to find and secure a Host Organisation for their Work Placement prior to the start of their final term. APC will support students with resources to secure a Host Organisation prior to the Work Placement.
Mode of Delivery
Student visa holders: Full-time study delivered face-to-face with up to one third (⅓) online.
Domestic students (and other visas): Full-time/part-time study options delivered face-to-face, online and/or blended.
Graphic Design students will require the following equipment and software:
• A functioning and monitored email address
• A modern computer (see specs below)
• Face-to-face students: Laptop
• Online students: Laptop or desktop
• Broadband internet access (300 kbps is a minimum requirement)
• A video capable device and/or a digital camera
• Access to a scanner/printer (minimum 1000+ DPI, A4 size)
• Sufficient IT skill sets to operate in an online environment
• Adobe CC; InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator Student price (Approx. $21.99 per month)
• Google Suite (Google Docs, Slides and Sheets included as part of your Student Email Account)
• Relevant software to upload and download PDFs & videos
To operate Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Applications the computer requires;
• Internet connection required
• PC: Microsoft® Windows 7 or later, Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor; 2 GHz or faster processor, minimum 2.6 GB or more of available hard-disk space, OpenGL 2.0-capable system.
• Mac: Mac OS X v10.9 or later, Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support, 2 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended), 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space for installation, OpenGL 2.0-capable system