Targeting the practical aspects and employability skills for the design industry, this program will interest those wishing to work as a:
- Interior Designer
- Residential design consultant
- Design project administrator
- Interior Stylist
- Colour Consultant
- Real Estate Staging Consultant
Advanced Diploma of Interior Design (MSF60118)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer
Students may be eligible to obtain credits for individual modules as a result of experience gained in employment in the relevant business fields or from previous training or education. A fee is payable for assessing your RPL status. Students may also be eligible for credit transfer for relevant units studied at an Australian Registered Training Organisation.
Please see College Policies for the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/Credit Transfer Policy.
Work placement is a mandatory component of some APC courses and qualifications including the Advanced Diploma of Interior Design. The work placement provides a framework that enables students to gain relevant working experience while developing specialised knowledge and practical skills in organisational learning and capability development.
The Work Placement takes place in the final term of study. It requires between 120-135hrs of work placement, attendance at studio class and the completion of assessment work. Specific subject requirements are outlined in the individual course documents.
It is the students responsibility to find and secure a Host Organisation for their Work Placement prior to the start of their final term. APC will support students with resources to secure a Host Organisation prior to the Work Placement.
Mode of Delivery
Student visa holders: Full-time study delivered face-to-face with up to one third (⅓) online.
Domestic students (and other visas): Full-time/part-time study options delivered face-to-face, online and/or blended.
Interior Design students will require the following equipment and software:
• A functioning and monitored email address
• A modern computer (see specs below)
• Face-to-face students: Laptop
• Online students: Laptop or desktop
• Broadband internet access (300 kbps is a minimum requirement)
• A video capable device and/or a digital camera
• Access to a scanner/printer (minimum 1000+ DPI, A4 size)
• Sufficient IT skill sets to operate in an online environment
• AutoCAD & Revit – Free for students
• SketchUp – Student price (Approx. $93.50 per year)
• Google Suite (Google Docs, Slides and Sheets included as part of your Student Email Account)
• Relevant software to upload and download PDFs & videos
To operate AutoCAD, Sketchup and Revit:
• Internet connection required
• PC: Minimum requirements are Microsoft® Windows 7+ or later, .NET Framework version 4.5.2. Intel® Core 2 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor; 1 GHz or faster processor, 4 GB RAM, minimum 700MB of available hard-disk space, 3D class video card (OpenGL 3.0 or higher) with 512MB of memory or higher and support for hardware acceleration. OpenGL 2.0-capable system
• Mac: Minimum requirements are Mac OS 10.14+ (Mojave), Mac OS 10.13+ (High Sierra), and 10.12+ (Sierra) or later, 2.1+ GHz Intel™ processor, 4 GB or more of RAM (8 GB recommended), 4 GB or more of available hard-disk space for installation, 3D class video card (OpenGL 3.0 or higher) with 512MB of memory or higher and support for hardware acceleration. OpenGL 2.0-capable system.
|DAY||DAY 1||DAY 2|
|08:30 - 12:30||Lecture||Lecture|
|13:30 - 17:30||Studio workshop||Studio workshop|
- All subjects have a compulsory online component of 2 hours per subject
All APC vocational courses are assessed through a combination of assessment types that may include short answer questions, studio projects, essays, reports, group tasks, portfolios and/or
Successful completion of MSF50218 Diploma of Interior Design or equivalent.
English Level Required (Overseas students only)*
Successful completion of 8 weeks of General English at Intermediate level or equivalent (plus 80% attendance) at English Unlimited or 10 weeks at other approved providers.
Check your English level here
Students utilising VSL - Senior Secondary Certificate of Education, or a Certificate IV level course delivered in English, or competency at or above Exit Level 3 in the ACSF in both reading and numeracy using an approved English test.
APC Design School and APC Domestic Student Policies (Domestic students only)